Friday, July 16, 2010

What is with today?

Today I ran over three miles.  That may not seem like a lot to you, but that's the farthest i've ran since my leg pain began, which is over two years ago.  My sister in law and I used to run together.  We ran a 10k together, and I can't really explain what kind of accomplishment that is for me.  It's a big one.  I was never a good runner, I'm not built for it.  But it's a challenge and in a strange way I like it.

I got up at 7am today.  That is another accomplishment I can't even explain.  I never get up early.  (Ask my husband.  There has to be a flight I need to catch.)  For a long time I just felt lazy, but one of the symptoms of Chiari Malformation is constant fatigue, no matter how much you sleep.

What is with today?  I got up super early, I ran three miles...?  I think I have a lot of anxiety but the surgery that I'm trying to deal with.  I feel like I'm dealing ok.  Not great, but ok.

PS, for those of you who are wondering, Dozer and I passed the pet partners therapy animal evaluation today!  Yes!  That means we will be registered by Delta Society in a national database of therapy teams and will be able to  work with a facility (hospital, nursing home, group home, etc) and Dozer and I will visit and spread his love.  Those of you who know him know he was MADE for this work.  He is so people oriented and can't wait to start this journey together.  I am so glad, that was a big weight lifted to pass that and be able to look forward to starting our work after I recover.  Special huge, huge thanks to Christi Dudzik, we took her therapy training course and she prepared us so well and she has been an awesome support to us.

My badge photo, I'm sending in my reg packet tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment