Thursday, July 8, 2010

Running

I used to run.  I used to run with my sister-in-law, we would run for an hour at a time and it was wonderful.  That's a big accomplishment for me, running is hard.  I don't care what anyone says, running is hard.

As my symptoms have gotten worse, I have been able to run less and less.  I used to go to the gym about 6 days a week, now it's 3-4.  I used to be able to run for an hour+, now it's 5 minutes and my head pounds and my legs ache.

I've seen a number of comments from other Chiarians on the Chiari FB page discussing running, and many have talked about running post-surgery.  That is so uplifting to me, makes me so excited.

I am seriously stressed about being so inactive for so long.  But the idea that it's possible I may have my pain gone or lessened, and be able to run again makes it a little easier.

1 comment:

  1. I am praying for you, I know that will be very hard for you to not be as active as normal, just think, this will help and you will be active again instead of it getting worse and not being able to be active without much pain... so several months... vs... lifetime of pain and inactivity?

    praying for you.... bigtime

    ReplyDelete