You know what helps me in almost any situation? A list. Actually, various lists. Last night I was feeling a bit high strung, so I sat down and wrote lists. I wrote a list of the cat supplies and the cat care, I wrote a list of non-clothing items I'm bringing, of electronics, DVDs I want to bring, all kinds of lists. I leave Tuesday at 7:30am for my vacay pre-surgery, so it's approaching fast. Here is a list of some of the things I need to do or done before I leave:
- Brush Dozer a ton (he's shedding like a crazydog and won't pass his eval if he's shedding that much)
- cut his nails
- get his paperwork together for the eval
- Take the therapy dog evaluation test with Dozer tomorrow morning
- cut Georgia's nails
- open house for work
- flyball all day sunday
- get my hair cut and colored
- PACK! (that's a bit overwhelming because it takes me days to pack)
- make sure the cat has enough supplies for while i'm gone
- give the cat an IV twice
- see my friends Erin and Leo who've been in Spain forEVER.
I feel like I could go on and on forever. I think the beauty of lists is that I can cross things off. And no matter how much I add, as long as I keep crossing things off I feel better.