Thursday, July 15, 2010

on my S list

My mom used to say that.  "You're on my S list!"  I didn't know what it meant for a long time, but I knew it wasn't good.

You know what helps me in almost any situation?  A list.  Actually, various lists.  Last night I was feeling a bit high strung, so I sat down and wrote lists.  I wrote a list of the cat supplies and the cat care, I wrote a list of non-clothing items I'm bringing, of electronics, DVDs I want to bring, all kinds of lists.  I leave Tuesday at 7:30am for my vacay pre-surgery, so it's approaching fast.  Here is a list of some of the things I need to do or done before I leave:

  • Brush Dozer a ton (he's shedding like a crazydog and won't pass his eval if he's shedding that much)
  • cut his nails
  • get his paperwork together for the eval
  • Take the therapy dog evaluation test with Dozer tomorrow morning
  • cut Georgia's nails
  • laundry
  • open house for work
  • flyball all day sunday
  • get my hair cut and colored
  • PACK!  (that's a bit overwhelming because it takes me days to pack)
  • make sure the cat has enough supplies for while i'm gone
  • give the cat an IV twice 
  • see my friends Erin and Leo who've been in Spain forEVER.
I feel like I could go on and on forever.  I think the beauty of lists is that I can cross things off.  And no matter how much I add, as long as I keep crossing things off I feel better.

1 comment: