Saturday, July 17, 2010

Paid in full

I paid dearly for the events of yesterday.  Last night I woke up in terrible pain when my husband came home, he got me some pain killers to take the edge off.  That's the thing with CM, at least with mine, if you have the energy to, oh let's say, run three miles, then you pay dearly for it later.  Sometimes I can be really hurting for days after a big 'event,' such as a run or a tough class at the gym.  So unfair.  I do my best to be so kind to my body and treat it well, challenge my muscles and lungs, and then it all bitchslaps me in the face.  Hard.

Today was my last day of work for quite a while.  Which is weird.  We just moved into a new spot and had our open house tonight.  It was nice to celebrate all the hard work we've done and to show off our new spot, but it was a bit bittersweet.  I won't be there to discover the best spots to shoot and at what time of day is best.  And I'll miss several shoots with clients that I've been working with for years.  But maybe a break will spark a new passion for my job.  And maybe I'll get some new ideas with all the pain meds I'll be on.

Tomorrow is a demo with Georgia's flyball team, Jet City Jumpers.  (Flyball is a dog sport.  It involves several things that Georgia loves - running and jumping.  And treats.)  It will be our last hoorah with flyball for a while, although I will hopefully be working with Georgia as soon as I'm feeling up to it.  I'll do my best to enjoy the day and not think about all the packing I have left to do, and that my surgery is just over a week away.

1 comment: