- have your affairs in order: major cleaning done, bills paid, etc (affairs in order? sounds like I'm dying...)
- plan some quiet activities for when you feel so so - like knitting or puzzles (knitting? don't be an ass, i don't knit. I crochet.)
- get someone to help you, don't feel like you need to do everything alone (Oh i plan on it. My husband will be making me pb&j and grilled cheese. And frozen pizzas.)
- listen to your body - don't push too hard, but push (walks. i like walks. I plan on getting out of my hospital bed as soon as i can.)
- avoid food with sugar, refined carbs, caffeine, artificial additives (this is the ridiculous one. You really think i'm going to avoid sugar, ie my best friend ice cream??)
recovery is unknown, I don't know how long it will take. But I have to remember, it will be a drop in the bucket compared to the 6 years I've been in pain.