Friday, August 13, 2010

Time heals


My incision is healing well I think.  My neck is still somewhat stiff, although I can turn my head way more than I could last week.

Yesterday's victory was my 40 minute walk, today's victory: a trip to Alki Beach for some biking!  Jeff and I both love to take our bikes (or our tandem bike) down there, ride around, then eat some fish tacos at Duke's.

It was a long day, and I'm exhausted.  But not a super painful exhausted, which is good.  It was wonderful to get outside and ride around (I have an amazing beach cruiser bike, it's heavenly to ride), enjoy the sun, enjoy being with Jeff.

A huge concern for me about this whole surgery deal is the length of inactivity.  I'm a pretty devout gym goer and have a hard time being still, so these past 2 weeks have been difficult for that as well as other reasons.

Although as I said before, I haven't noticed huge changes as far as my symptoms, I have noticed that the constant pain between my shoulder blades is gone.  That could be for one of 2 reasons: 1.) the pain was caused by my Chiari Malformation which is now corrected or 2.) the pain was caused by sitting at the computer for long hours, which I often do at work.  And since I'm not working right now, I don't spend much time at the computer.  I suppose when I go back to work I'll see what the real reason is for the relief in my between-the-blade pain.

Me and Jeff at the start of our bike ride - the Space Needle is a tiny bit to the left of us.


My sweetie and my sweet ride


1 comment:

  1. so glad you are able to be active and get out, I know that is important to you! Your incision is looking much better! Praying for a continued recovery!

    ReplyDelete