Saturday, August 21, 2010

Let's get physical

I'm active every day now.  Well, more active than I was.  I'm taking walks every day at a now very fast pace, more like a shopping pace.  Not browsing in TJ Maxx shopping pace, like to and from store shopping pace.  I have two dogs, it was only a matter of time before they demanded to get out of the house.  It feels fine to walk, I get tired and my legs hurt.  But that's no different than pre-surgery.

Next week I plan to head to the gym (it will have been over 4 weeks since I went last!  Yowzah!) with a friend and jog in the pool.  Maybe I'll do a yoga class, too.  Yoga would be nice since it's a lot of stretching, and can be challenging or not.

That all being said, I'm still having a very hard time falling asleep.  It takes hours.  I'm not on much, if any, pain medication anymore, and I don't want to count on that to zonk me out.  I'm going to try taking a hot bath right before bed to see if that helps.  It's really annoying because once I do fall asleep it takes me forever to get up in the morning.  I'm so groggy.  If I could just shift that schedule up a bit, I'd be happy with that.

Went into work just a little bit this week, 3 hours total.  Whooaaa,  I know.  It was nice, I went in and did some work on the computer, and left.  It was nice to get out, but I'm not yet able to stay too long in once place since I'm still doing (loosely) 2 hours up 1/2 hour down.  I'm not in a hurry to get back.  I'm not really in a hurry to do anything, actually.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're able to be up and about. Getting out of the house and being physically active always makes me feel better (mentally), even if it's just a walk around the block.
    Good luck at the gym!

    (Also, I don't comment all that often, but I'm still reading all your blog posts and thinking of you often, so keep the updates coming!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried straight valerian extract? I doubt something so mild would knock you out, but it does help you get sleepy....maybe put it in some tea... And.. Have you listened to NLP type sound wave stuff? Has sound pulses in the background that manipulate your brain into being sleepy, being awake, etc....
    Both help me, but I know when you're dealing with insomnia that lasts for hours, it could be a whole different ball game.
    Then there's always tequila. Or Risk.

    ReplyDelete