Monday, August 30, 2010

Swelling

I've discovered a bit of swelling on the left side of the upper portion of my incision.  It hasn't been tender like that lately, and I'm concerned.  Maybe I slept on it wrong?  Not sure, the incision, up until now, has been healing so nicely and I was even getting my range of motion back.

Aside from the unusual swelling, I seem to be continuing as I was - nothing happening.  I don't feel better.  I cry to my mom often about this fact, and I am constantly reminded that everyone is different, and logically it will take a while for the indentations in my brainstem to right themselves.  I know I need to be patient.  I know I need to give myself a break.  But you have to understand that I miss doing 'normal' things.  I miss having a schedule, going to the gym, sleeping normally.  It is unclear at this point when I will be able to get back to a somewhat normal life.

Speaking of normal, Georgia and I got back to flyballing (that's a fun little video for ya, although does not feature a beautiful black dog with an underbite) last night.  What a treat that was!  Georgia has been missing practice so much, and I haven't been working with her like I should be.  She was so happy, huge grin on her doggy face.  And I was happy to be there, happy to be back with friends enjoying time with my dog.  I'm hoping I can get in some more bike rides with George before the sun disappears for the next 6 months.  Bike rides as in I ride my bike, and Georgia runs wildly next to it at top speed.  Good times.

6 week check up with Dr. Heffez next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment