Sunday, August 29, 2010

Slow going

I have emails stacked up in my inbox to take care of, but am having a hard time getting to them.  I seem to have slid backwards a bit - I am very tired and can't seem to get a good sleeping pattern.  I often have trouble falling asleep, sometimes trouble staying asleep.  I either don't at all get enough sleep and lay there exhausted, or I zonk out and sleep til 11:15, like today.  And yet, I still don't feel rested.

My body is quite sore - the usual pre-surgery pain in addition to more stiffness than I have experienced lately.  It hurts my neck to yawn, there is still obviously a lot of healing left to do.

When I started this blog, I made a promise to be as real as I could be.  It doesn't do anyone any good for me to sugarcoat anything.  Yes, I am trying to stay positive.  But that doesn't mean I need to tell myself and others that this recovery is all lollipops and rainbows, it is neither.  It is frustrating.  It is tiring, confusing, and full of ups and downs.

1 comment:

  1. It sucks that in order to heal, our bodies have to be in pain too. It seems like, if the world made sense, when our bodies were healing we'd be filled with euphoric feelings... :-( Hm. No such luck.
    Some Yanni or Kenny G should do the trick. I don't know why you didn't think of that before.

    ReplyDelete