Saturday, June 19, 2010

Everything but the kitchen sink

My husband knows it takes me like a week to pack for any kind of trip.  I put my suitcase out, add a few things here, a few things there, make piles, it's a big ordeal.  I wouldn't say that I overpack, but I definitely over think my packing.  I run through every scenario - "What if it rains?  What if there's a tornado? What if I have some fast growing tumor that i need to cover up somehow?"  You know.  The usual.

So what am I supposed to pack for my vacation to my home state PLUS a week in the hospital?  So far I have a few suggestions, such as:

  • chapstick
  • your own pillow
  • slippers
  • Ice bag (i've been told the hospital has like ice packs that are hard, and an ice bag is more comfy)
  • my own PJs
  • my own shampoo/toiletries (seems like that will help me feel more comfortable, a little more like myself)
Any ideas?  Anyone spent time in the hospital and have any suggestions as to what I should take?

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget Squiggle-bots to keep your brain moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chapstick is a good one! I would also say a good non-scented moisturizer. Do multiple types of PJs (nightgown vs. PJ pants), some of those face-washing wipes (you might feel gross & sweaty in the hospital bed)... hmm.. Eye drops, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. a fan from Seville, Spain to cool off your newly stitched head (to be delivered in about 3 weeks!!)

    ReplyDelete