Monday, June 21, 2010

Celebrating my dad

(I forgot to post this on Father's Day!)

My parents came with my husband and me when we went to Milwaukee to see Dr. Heffez.  Even though I'm 28 years old, I'll always need my mom and dad.  That said, today is the day to celebrate dad.

Let me tell you a few lessons my dad taught me that I do my best to keep in mind:

  • measure twice, cut once
  • pay yourself first
  • if you're going to do something, do it right and do it well
  • ice cream is the perfect ending to any kind of day
  • telling stories is different than lying
  • use a map, not mapquest


So hooray to you, dad!  I love you!

What are some lessons you've learned from your dad?

1 comment:

  1. hi amy, i just have to tell you that i learned that first one from my dad too...also i think my dad would agree with the fourth one....thinking of you, love, kara

    ReplyDelete