Friday, June 25, 2010

All the pieces of the puzzle

Now that Dr. Kraft is helping me get my pre-op physical done (required by Columbia St. Marys before I can have surgery), I have all these little pieces to put together.  I have an EKG scheduled for next week, as well as chest x-rays.  There's bloodwork to be done, as well as the actual physical.

In addition to all the medical pieces, I'm still tying to solidify my travel plans.  It's a bit complicated since I had already planned my yearly trip to Michigan, we had to do a lot of juggling around to get it right.  Jeff was on the phone for a long time trying to make sure he and I were on the same return flight from Milwaukee to Seattle...  Since I won't be allowed to lift anything, he gets to carry all my bags.  Hopefully I'll have enough pain-killers to just sleep through the flight.

As all these little things come into place, I'm trying not to think about the fact I'm going to have surgery.  I'm trying to do the logistics and forget that I'm getting my head cut open.

No comments:

Post a Comment