Monday, September 20, 2010

Early to bed, early to rise

UGH.  How could I have ever thought that making a dentist appointment for 8am was a good idea?  I hate getting up early.  Hate it.  Ask my husband, he says I only get up before 8:30 if we have to fly somewhere. I don't think it's because I'm lazy, I think it's because of several things.  I sleep pretty poorly until the early morning, so I think getting up early interrupts my best sleep.  Also, a symptom of Chaiari Malformation is exhaustion and fatigue, so that doesn't help.

But alas, I got up at 7am to get to the dentist.  And I have to come clean.  I took my neck brace off for the appt.  I didn't think I would be able to lay in that chair with it (anytime there's pressure on the back it's an instant headache), and I just didn't want to deal with all the questions.  Even though my dentist knew I was having the surgery, and was very forgiving about the larger amount of plaque I had accrued.

It's noon and I've lost my steam.  I put the laundry room somewhat back together, but I can't find the right place that each cupboard door goes.  I thought they were all the same, but not true.  So I got frustrated, three doors are on, three are off.  I wanted to have it all back together by the time my husband got home, but looks like that isn't going to happen.

So far, the neck brace hasn't helped my symptoms at all.  I'm getting a little more used to the looks of sympathy, though.  Tomorrow my friend Erin and I head down to Seattle for a Yelp Elite event - it's sort of a costumey type party, so I'll be wearing a boa.  That will hide the brace well I think.  It's for a preview of Teatro Zinzanni's new show, super fun.

Still not back to work, although am working from home as I said last week.  I don't have a timeline for when I'll return.

No comments:

Post a Comment