Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day four of the neck brace

The first night I had to sleep in this neck brace was fairly easy, which probably had a lot to do with the 2 vicodin that I took.  The nights after that have been a bit tougher - tossing and turning.  The brace is a lot more uncomfortable than I thought it was going to be.  It has to be on tight so it keeps my chin up, which means the back presses into the incision site.  I guess there's isn't much more to say about it - two weeks in a neck brace sucks, no matter how you look at it.

Jeff is away at his yearly trip to San Diego (aka Man Diego) and I'm working on the laundry room while he is gone.  Our laundry room is a pit, there isn't much getting around that.  
The Grover-blue walls have been primed now, as have the cupboards.

Projects are always bigger than they seem...  I'm trying to Killz the cupboards but some kind of stain is seeping through all three coats of it, so I have to find some kind of sealer to prevent that from continuing.  Jeff tore out the small (and very gross) vanity/sink that was in there, only to discover there was no flooring but cement underneath.  Looks like we'll be doing new flooring in there, too!  

My goal here is to get everything primed and the cupboards back on and the room back together.  We'll be painting it but we will want to do that after the new floor is in and the molding is up.  One thing after another, it just gets bigger and bigger.  Isn't that the way it always goes?  Nothing is ever as simple as it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment